Oaths and Vows
Not every deity has paladins. Only Aeridin, Lucinda, Rofirein, Toran and Vorax field these warriors of light. The Oaths and Laws of the paladins of Vorax, Aeridin and Lucinda came from the playerbase.
Paladins of Aeridin
Paladins of Aeridin must follow the Laws of Aeridin. If you deviate from the Laws at any time, you will no longer be allowed to use your powers as a Paladin.
These are the Laws of Aeridin, so it has been, is, and shall ever be. Keep these laws to live a life true to him:
- Devote yourself to life. If there is any way to prevent death and preserve life, it is the way of Aeridin.
- Judge not others. By judging others, you yourself are judged.
- Honor your words and live by them. Your oath is as true as these laws.
- Help others live a full life, and harm not the harmless.
- Help those in misfortune, for gold is valueless next to life.
- Heal the sick and wounded who ask for assistance. Those whom you have deathlessly defeated remain your responsiblity.
- Abandon all greed, hatred, and evil feelings towards others. These close the mind to truth and engender a hatred for life.
- Pay homage to life by living freely and allowing others the same.
- Respect those who would teach you and ask nothing of those you teach.
- Respect the laws of mortals,but remember always that your fealty is to the laws of Aeridin.
- Pledge your life, soul, and word to Aeridin. Never should you worship another and never should your faith falter.
- Not Pride, Humility. Not Greed, Generosity. Not Envy, Love. Not Wrath, Kindness. Not Lust, Temperance. Not Gluttony, Moderation. Not Sloth, Zeal Never Evil, always Good. Bring light to the darkness and you shall always be counted among Aeridin's blessed.
- Wear the symbol of Aeridin with Honor, Love, and Devotion. Never rape, steal, or murder.
- Take only what you need, and give only what you can.
Paladins of Lucinda
Paladins of Lucinda are called by Lucinda to defend her followers and her temples. They also often accompany the clerics of Lucinda on quests to seek lost or forgotten magics.
When coming into service, they take the following Vow:
Lady of the Al'Noth, I have heard your call and I will answer.
I vow to be your servant and protect those who serve you.
I shall defend Your Faith, Your Faithful and the Al'Noth to the best of my abilities.
I shall seek out those who corrupt the Al'Noth and bring them to justice.
I shall accompany and protect those who work in Your name.
By my word, I am Yours.
If you break your Vow at any time, you will no longer be allowed to use your powers as a Paladin.
Paladins of Rofirein
Rofirein's holy symbol is that of the compass and shield. Always remember this, for Rofirein is both thy protector and thy guide.
- Thou shalt believe all that Rofirein teaches, and shalt observe all his directions.
- Thou shalt defend the Church of Rofirein with all thy might.
- Thou shalt respect all weaknesses, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them.
- Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.
- Thou shalt make war against the Infidel followers of Pyrtechon without cessation and without mercy.
- Thou shalt perform scrupulously thy duties of Justice, in line with the Teachings of the Church of Rofirein.
- Thou shalt never lie, and shall remain faithful to thy pledged word.
- Thou shalt be generous, and give largess to all that have need.
- Thou shalt avoid avarice like the deadly pestilence and shalt embrace its opposite.
- Thou shalt keep thyself chaste for the sake of her whom Rofirein has chosen for thee to love.
- Thou shalt only step foot in Temples dedicated to Rofirein and his Holy allies, unless thy enemies seek sanctuary in an unholy temple, in which case it is thy duty to cleanse the place of their filth.
- Thou art a Paladin of Rofirein, one of his beloved few. Remember this in all that thy do. As one of the few Paladins of the Holy Order of Rofirein, it is your task to root out evil, injustice and tyranny wherever thee may be.
Paladins of Rofirein wield a Bastard Sword.
Paladins of Toran
Paladins of Toran must follow the Paladin Code, as laid down by Navarre, the First Paladin and the god Toran. If you deviate from the Code at any time, you will no longer be allowed to use your powers as a Paladin.
- Truth, honor, and loyalty are your highest calling. Never deviate from these principles, even if it should mean your death.
- Never question Toran, nor his priesthood. Your loyalty to your God will be put to the test in a time of trial. Remain steadfast and loyal during that time and all shall be achieved.
- Aid those that you can, and neither ask nor expect reward. Your valor and honor will bring glory to Toran's name.
- Do not suffer evil, hatred, or corruption, for these are the greatest sins of mortals. Battle against these sins and those who commit them, but be mindful that there is no shame in retreat, especially to preserve your life and the lives of other innocents around you.
- Your word is your bond. Keep your word, even should it bring you to death's gate. The faithful of Toran must honor their word and trust in their valor and their God to aid them in keeping their promises. There is no honor in a vow that calls for the death or dishonor of innocents, and such promises may be freely broken.
- All life is sacred. Raping, pillaging, and other crimes of war are strictly forbidden to those in Toran's service. Killing should be an act of last resort. Honor your enemies, regardless of their race, even in defeat.
- Make no demands of others. A knight of Toran should be proud and self sufficient. There is no shame in accepting offers of help, but a Paladin in Toran's service should never reduce himself to beggary or desperate pleas.
- Unless specifically directed by Toran or his priests, do not enter another god's temple except in times of extreme duress. Even when desperate, you may only enter temples of gods sympathetic to Toran.
- Remain virtuous and honorable in all ways. Do not participate in anything that would require you to compromise your Code. These are the laws of the Paladin, and those who would treat them lightly are not worthy of the title.
Paladins of Vorax
Paladins of Vorax must swear to the Oath of Vorax. If you break your Oath at any time, you will no longer be allowed to use your powers as a Paladin.
I am an Axe of Vorax and thus shall do His will.
I shall obey His word and the word of His clergy to the best of my abilities.
I will never ally myself with evil, unless it is His will to do so.
I shall not wage war foolishly.
I shall observe the codes of war at all time, and the weak and innocent will never fear my axe.
I will honor those who fall in battle, friend or foe.
I shall seek the glories of battle, and accept the shame of retreat only when necessary.
By these words, I pledge my life and honor to the Father of Battle.
At this point, the paladin will receive his axe and he will be a true paladin of Vorax!