NWN Character Alignment Rules
- Lawful Evil and Neutral Evil characters are the only PC controlled evil alignments allowed on Layonara.
- Chaotic Evil PCs are completely restricted. If a character were to ever reach a Chaotic Evil alignment, they would become an NPC and would no longer be under the player's control (though they might be used by GMs on quests.)
- A player may submit a new character as an evil alignment if the player has been an active member of the community for at least nine (9) months. Players who are returning to an active status in the world and previously met the requirements for evil (but were not yet approved for the alignment) must remain active in the world for six (6) consecutive months immediately prior to submission.
- A Character Submission for an evil aligned character will require a more in depth biography that supports the evil alignment. Meeting the player time and level requirements does not guarantee that an evil character will be approved. The GM team's observations of the player's role play up to the point of the submission will be the final determining factor. If the team feels the player should not be allowed to play an evil character please do not get upset, it is not a personal thing'it is us trying to help the community in general.
Submissions for evil alignments must include a statement in the player's own words, stating that he or she understands and accepts the rules of the Layonara community, and that the player understands that character actions have appropriate consequences.
- A player may request to have their character slowly change alignment to LE or NE via RP if they have meet the nine month community member. This happens via RP and must be tracked in a Character Development Thread and must happen over time. Please be aware that it takes time for a character to change their alignment in game'and it must be done via RP that is approved and is acceptable to the community as a whole. It takes at least six real-life (RL) weeks for an alignment to change a single step via RP, and it usually takes at least two months.
- To have a character approved with this alignment the player must have been active in the world for the four (4) months immediately prior to submission.
- Also, a character submission for a Chaotic Neutral character will require a more in depth biography that supports the chaotic neutral alignment.
Submissions for Chaotic Neutral must include a statement in player's own words, stating that he or she understands and accepts the rules of the Layonara community, and that the player understands that character actions have appropriate consequences.
- If the team feels the player should not be allowed to play a CN character please do not get upset, it is not a personal judgment. CN is a protected alignment due the commonality of people not understanding how it's implementation works on Layonara. The team may decide the player needs more time to understand the implementation of CN on Layonara, or conversely may ask the player to shift to a different alignment based on observations.
Special Restrictions on Alignments, Classes, and Races
- All monstrous races (Dark Elf, Half Orc, Half Giant, Half Ogre, Orc, Goblin, and Deep Dwarf) must start out as CN, TN, NE, or LE, and some of these races have additional restrictions; please see the specific page linked above for details. There is one exception to these restrictions: a cleric character that follows Az'atta (regardless of race) may start out with a good alignment.
- Clerics, Paladins and Druids (if they have a deity) may not be more than one alignment step away from their deity. One step is defined as adjacent either horizontally or vertically; Lawful Good is one step away from Lawful Neutral and Neutral Good, while it is two steps away from True Neutral.